You know that the winter is coming when all the kids’ noses look like the Niagara falls of snot.
Winter “likes” to attack the children first, unfortunately, but before long, everybody else joins the common-cold and Flu party, infecting one another in a vicious cycle of mucus.
But worry not. Nature, as always, has all the natural treatments for the Flu symptoms – that you’ll ever you need.
If you are otherwise a healthy person, having the right knowledge about natural treatments for the Flu – can help you chase away the evil virus in 24 hours (If you happen to be a child – even less).
This is my list of the best Flu remedies, which DO NOT include Swine Flu shots, seasonal Flu shots, Tylenol, fever-reducers, and trips to the ER.
Ready? Here we go.
How to Get Rid of the Flu in 24 Hours (with Home Remedies)
As I always try to find the positive side to everything, getting the Flu is always a great excuse to use my Amethyst Biomat.
This full-body infrared heating mat (with negative ions) is, in my experience, the best way to stop the cold or Flu dead in its tracks.
If you don’t have a fever, lying down on the Biomat for a couple of hours, enjoying the relaxing and detoxing heat and light, feels like heaven and can prevent the full-week-misery-journey altogether.
Here are the other simple methods I use to get rid of the Flu (“influenza”) naturally and fast:
1. Stop Working or doing house chores now.
In fact, stay home and do nothing but resting or sleeping. If you are serious about exterminating the Flu in 24 hours, remove other obstacles in front of your immune system and let your body focus on healing only.
Rest and sleep as much as you can.
2. Water – the minute you feel the first sign of a cold or Flu, start drinking a lot of water – up to a gallon and a half for an adult. Drink plenty of fluids, see the next tip for the best options.
3. Hot Fluids and Chicken Soup – hot fluids, such as hot water with lemon and honey, herbal teas and lots of homemade chicken soup or bone broth help the body’s immune system and stop the proliferation of the Flu virus.
One cup of tea is not enough. sip the stuff continuously until you can’t even look at it anymore.
4. Chicken Soup Alternative – if you have no strength to make chicken soup (and no one else to make it for you), garlic tea is an easy and effective alternative.
Garlic is a powerful anti-bacterial herb.
Garlic Tea Instructions:
- Peel 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic and lightly crush them.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes, strain the garlic and allow it to cool.
- Add raw honey and lemon and drink as much as you like.
5. Remove all sugars and carbs until you are symptom-free. If you haven’t heard the news yet, sugars are toxic, so stay away from them (at least) in the next 24 hours.
6. Sambucol – This common natural remedy is an excellent defender against our arched enemy – the Flu virus.
And it’s safe for children too.
Sambucol is made of elderberry and makes a powerful remedy. I recommend keeping Sambucol at home always.
7. Organic Oregano oil – this super-hero-herb is scientifically proven to be effective for ear infections, sore throats (even those caused by Strep.), the Flu and any respiratory ingections.
It’s very strong though, too strong for children, but an adult can have 8 drops of Oregano Oil in water up to 3 times a day.
8. Vitamin C – Chewable Vitamin C is a great solution for kids that refuse all the garlic and onion-honey cough syrups. Vitamin C will boost their immune system and the chewable ones made for kids are tasty.
👉 Here’s how to make your own Vitamin C
9. Homemade Cough Syrup – this ancient remedy is still one of the most effective and speedy cough treatments. Wash, peel, and slice (horizontally) an entire red onion (white is o.k. too).
Cover the slices with raw honey and let it sit overnight.
This will make you about a cup of nutrient-filled natural coughs remedy that’s completely safe for children. You can give your kids 1 tbsp every 5 hours and double for adults.
How to Get Rid of a Blocked Nose (in 60 Seconds)
Forget about nasal sprays and the Eucalyptus oil in the humidifier.
Here’s my all-time favorite, world best way to open your blocked or stuffy nose when you have the Flu. It’s simple and it works so fast – you’ll be amazed.
Here’s how to do it:
If you have allergies and suffer from a runny nose or blocked nose often – I highly recommend that you consider using the amazing intranasal light therapy home device. Click the link to find out how and why it works so well.
How to Get Rid of Flu Body Aches
The Flu body soreness issue is, in my opinion, one of the worst symptoms of the flu. But, I’ve found a few fast and natural ways to eliminate them. Here’s my short video with my 3 “tricks”:
Combining these 3 natural ways to relieve Flu body aches can help you tremendously – in just a few hours.
These Flu home remedies have kept my entire family Flu-free for the last 3 years.
The secret is to catch it the minute it starts, attack it with these natural weapons and rest until you are symptom-free – 24 hours later.
And now over to you:
Share with us your best-known Flu treatment, o.k? 😊
To your health and happiness,