Is it possible to get rid of the flu virus in about 24 hours?
In my experience, the answer is yes – if you “catch” it at its early stages.
Nature, as always, has all the natural treatments for the Flu symptoms – that you’ll ever need.
This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you.
If you are otherwise a healthy person, having the right knowledge about natural treatments for the flu – can help you chase away the evil virus in 24 hours (If you happen to be a child – even less).
This is my list of the best flu remedies, which do not include Flu shots, Tylenol, fever reducers, and trips to the ER.
Ready? Here we go.
The Best Home Remedies for the Flu
As I always try to find the positive side of everything, getting the Flu is always a great excuse to use my Amethyst Biomat.
This full-body infrared heating mat (with negative ions) is, in my experience, the best way to stop the cold or Flu dead in its tracks.
If you don’t have a fever, lying down on the Biomat, or another infrared heating pad, for a couple of hours, enjoying the relaxing and detoxing heat and light, feels like heaven and can prevent the full week’s of misery journey altogether.
Here are the other simple methods I use to get rid of the Flu naturally and fast:
1. Stop working or doing house chores – now.
In fact, stay home and do nothing but rest or sleep. If you are serious about exterminating the Flu in 24 hours, remove other obstacles in front of your immune system and let your body focus on healing only.
Rest and sleep as much as you can.
2. Drink water – the minute you feel the first sign of a cold or Flu, start drinking a lot of water – up to a gallon and a half for an adult. Drink plenty of fluids, and see the next tip for the best options.
3. Hot Fluids and Chicken Soup/Bone broth – hot fluids, such as hot water with lemon and honey, herbal teas, and lots of homemade chicken soup or bone broth help the body’s immune system and stop the proliferation of the Flu virus.
One cup of tea is not enough. sip the stuff continuously until you can’t even look at it anymore.
If you suffer from a sore throat – see how to make your own 100% natural sore throat spray (with essential oils/herbs) – in 5 minutes!
4. Chicken Soup Alternative – if you have no strength to make chicken soup (and no one else to make it for you), garlic tea is an easy and effective alternative. Garlic is a powerful anti-bacterial vegetable.
Garlic Tea Instructions:
- Peel 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic and lightly crush them.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes, strain the garlic and allow it to cool.
- Add raw honey and lemon and drink as much as you like.
5. Remove all sugars and carbs until you are symptom-free. If you haven’t heard the news yet, sugars are toxic, so stay away from them (at least) in the next 24 hours.
6. Sambucol – This common natural remedy is an excellent defender against our arched enemy – the Flu virus.
And it’s safe for children too.
Sambucol is made of elderberry and makes a powerful remedy. Elderberry may have antiviral properties, and is believed to be anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants.
I recommend keeping Sambucol at home always.
7. Organic Oregano oil – this super-hero-herb is scientifically proven to be effective for ear infections, sore throats (even those caused by Strep.), the Flu, and any respiratory infections.
It’s very strong though, too strong for children, but an adult can have 8 drops of Oregano Oil in water up to 3 times a day.
👉 See MORE amazing benefits of Oregano Oil.
8. Vitamin C – Chewable Vitamin C is a great solution for kids that refuse all the garlic and onion-honey cough syrups. Vitamin C will boost their immune system and the chewable ones made for kids are tasty.
If you want to get rid of the flu in 24 hours – vitamin C is a must.
👉 Here’s how to make your own Vitamin C Powder/Tablets
9. Homemade Cough Syrup – this ancient remedy is still one of the most effective and speedy cough treatments. Wash, peel, and slice (horizontally) an entire red onion (white is o.k. too).
Cover the slices with raw honey and let them sit overnight.
This will make you about a cup of nutrient-filled natural coughs remedy that’s completely safe for children. You can give your kids 1 tbsp every 5 hours and double for adults.
How to Open a Blocked Nose (Fast)
Forget about nasal sprays and the Eucalyptus oil in the humidifier.
Here’s my all-time favorite, the world’s best way to open your blocked or stuffy nose when you have the Flu. It’s simple and it works so fast – you’ll be amazed.
Here’s how to do it:
Empty a nasal sprayer, add 5-6 drops of apple cider vinegar (with the mother), add distilled water until the sprayer is almost full, and sniff into your nose – up to 3 times a day. This works faster than anything I ever tried.
How to Get Rid of Flu Body Aches
The Flu body soreness issue is, in my opinion, one of the worst symptoms of the flu. But, I’ve found a few fast and natural ways to eliminate them. Here’s my short video with my 3 “tricks”:
Combining these 3 natural ways to relieve Flu body aches can help you tremendously – in just a few hours.
These Flu home remedies have kept my entire family Flu-free for the last 3 years.
The secret is to catch it the minute it starts, attack it with these natural weapons and rest until you are symptom-free – 24 hours later.
And now over to you:
Share with us your best-known Flu treatment, o.k? 😊
To your health and happiness,
The effectiveness of vitamin C in preventing and relieving the symptoms of virus-induced respiratory infections, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0161-4754(99)70005-9
Zakay-Rones, Z., et al. (2004). Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Elderberry Extract in the Treatment of Influenza A and B Virus Infections. Journal of International Medical Research, 132–140. https://doi.org/10.1177/147323000403200205
D.H. Gilling, et al. Antiviral efficacy and mechanisms of action of oregano essential oil and its primary component carvacrol against murine norovirus. https://doi.org/10.1111/jam.12453
Bhatwalkar SB, Mondal R, Krishna SBN, Adam JK, Govender P, Anupam R. Antibacterial Properties of Organosulfur Compounds of Garlic (Allium sativum). Front Microbiol. 2021 Jul 27;12:613077. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2021.613077. PMID: 34394014; PMCID: PMC8362743.