Last updated: May 2017. Meet the powerful antibiotic of nature: Oil of Oregano.
Oil of oregano was recently found to be much better than all the 18 currently used antibiotics in the treatment of MRSA staph infections.
This super herb is rich in antioxidants. The strong phenol anti-oxidants destroy pathogenic bacteria, viruses and yeasts, which means there are many health benefits and uses for oregano oil, as you’ll see below.
The Unique Quality of Oregano Oil
The Natural News website reported that “oregano oil was found to be very rich in phytochemical flavonoids and phenolic acids.”
It is the third highest herb in oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) with an impressive score of 200,129.
Oregano is one of the world’s greatest sources of the powerful phenol component thymol. Thymol is great for improving digestive function as well as destroying harmful microbes”.
It will be beneficial for any sort of bacterial or viral conditions, such as ear, nose and throat infections, respiratory diseases, Candida, acne and much more.
It also works to suppress inflammatory mediators and cancer cell production (it contains rosmarinic acid which has very strong cancer fighting properties).
And the best news:
Oil of oregano is a powerful pain-killer.
An article published in Phytotherapy Research describes how oregano oil superseded (came before) anti-inflammatory drugs in reversing pain and inflammation, and is nearly as powerful as morphine as a pain-killer.
Oil of Oregano is helpful because it penetrates the skin and reaches as far as the synovial fluid in joints, which helps alleviate arthritis, Bursitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sore muscles, sports injuries, and back aches because it helps pull toxins out.
All forms of Arthritis, and even Fibromyalgia, are caused by toxins.
To use it – rub a few drops of the mixture (50/50 mixture of oil of oregano and extra virgin olive oil) into the skin covering the affected areas.
Oregano Oil Uses & How to Use
- Headaches and migraines – for a mild headache, hold the oregano oil under your nose and take a few long breaths. For a migraine, apply to the temples, forehead and between your eyebrows.
- Cold and Soar Throat – add up to 5 drops in warm water and drink slowly, once a day.
- Cough – put 1 drop of Oregano oil in a teaspoon of honey or a small glass of water and swallow. If you don’t like the taste use an empty capsule.
- Skin Tags and Plantar Warts – put 3 drops of the oil in a carrier oil and rub on the wart or skin tags, once a day for a few days until they disappear.
- Athlete’s feet – a few drops of oregano oil, lavender and coconut oil, rub on the feet and it will completely kill athlete’s feet.
- Tooth/Gum infections – use oregano oil diluted 1:10 with olive oil. Rub with a Q-tip, let sit for 10 minutes and rinse with warm salt water. Repeat 3 times a day. This helps even when antibiotics fail.
- Sinus Infections – Oregano oil is one of the best ways to get rid of a sinus cold.
Don’t Buy Oregano Oil Before You Read THIS
When you buy oregano oil, make sure that the oil is derived from the proper potent oregano plant, and that the carvacrol concentration is at least 70%.
Is Oregano Oil Safe?
This is quite a powerful oil, so if you are taking any kind of medication please consult with your doctor before you use it orally (No more than 4-5 drops in a glass of water).
Also, Oregano oil may interfere with Iron absorption if taken long term.
What about you? Have you tried using Oregano Oil for your health? How did it work for you?
To your health and happiness,